Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Rough Cut Feedback

I did a questionnaire and asked 20 people who have watched my rough cut 5 yes or no questions, then I interviewed 3 people on what they thought overall about the video. 

Questionnaire

Most of the people i questioned were between 16-18 year olds. Below i wrote the demographics. 
13 16-18 year olds
3 over 25 year olds
4 under 10 year olds 

Question 1
Is the narrative of the music video clear?
96% Yes 4% No
Question 2
Is the music video clear to see?
12% Yes 88% No
Question 3
Is there a balance of the performance and narrative?
72% Yes 28% No
Question 4
Is the lipsyncing in sync with the music ?
24% Yes 76% No
Question 5
Is the star persona clear?
67% Yes 33% No

Evaluation from Questionnaire

From the questionnaire I have found out that we do have a clear narrative of the story because we have clearly shown what is happening. Most people said  the music video was very dark and needed brightening as they restricted in what they could see. They thought that the narrative and performance gelled well together but 28% commonly agreed that sometime they were confused when the performance was happening. 74% said that the lip syncing wasn't clear but they stated that it was mostly when the performer was performing with people in the background. The majority said that there was a star persona but they thought the star persona could have been elaborated a bit more. 


Interview Feedback

I asked 3 different people from the different demographics to be interviewed on what they thought about the music video rough cut.


Person 1 (under 10)
"At the beginning of the video there was no sound, so i thought it wasn't working.  It was hard to see the video because it was dark. Sometimes the person singing wasn't singing like the music. I love the bit where the boy get a balloon popped in his face and water thrown on him." 

 Person 2 (16-18)
"The music video is very dark. Some scenes in the music video are very shaky but I don't know whether it was meant to be like that. The beginning of the music video doesn't flow smoothly because of cut interruptions. I noticed that the lip syncing scenes  are not in sync in some parts. The runway scenes in the music video are very effective and they are in time with the music I like the cut a ways from the narrative to the performance as it is balanced fairly. The performer acts very well in this music video and really plays the part of the rapper." 

Person 3 (over 25's)
"There are no titles in this music video so I'm not clear what the song is called or who is singing it.
the beginning is a bit long and there is no sound. The camera is a bit shaky and the ending of the music video is very long but it is very effective. I like the way it pans in a circle but would have liked it to be a bit shorter.  I feel that the music is a bit loud and I would like to see more people in the shot because it doesn't come across like a party. I like the storyline and it is very funny as the main character acts really well and I would like to see more of him. I feel like you need to introduce him at the start as you only see him walk through the door I was confused what the performer was doing at the start because I didn't know what they were going to do. I would have like to see the video being brighter as it was hard to see what was going on. However I don't get why the performer is playing with a pool table because I think it's irrelevant"

Evaluation of interview Feedback

The feedback given from the different demographics were quite interesting. When interviewing person 1 i had to guide them a little on what they should feedback on but the feedback they gave me showed that this video would appeal to that age group as they understood the story and found it funny. I have taken  on board that the 3 people i interviewed said that our music video was dark and so with that said, we will definitely be brightening our music video. Person 3 gave a good piece of feedback by saying that there were no titles in our music video. This said we will hopefully add the Name of the song and the artist in so that the audience know what the song is called.

Person 2 were more of our target audience for our video because they people in the video were all around there age. This is why i took in account what they were feeding back. Person 2 love the storyline of our video and found that there was a good balance between the narrative and performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment